Apprenticeships For Ethnic Minority Businesses in the Hospitality Sector
Wednesday 11th June 2014, 4:30pm – 6:30pm, @ Level 6 Restaurant, Westbrook Building, Bradford College
Are you an Ethnic Minority Business? Does your business operate in the Hospitality sector? If so please read on….
The National Apprenticeship Service (NAS), in partnership with City Training Services (Bradford College), would like to invite you to an exclusive roundtable event. Many ethnic minority businesses do not employ Apprentices and are missing out on Government Grants currently available.
This is your personal invitation to attend a FREE event….
Come and hear from keynote speakers about the coalition Government’s flagship Apprenticeships & Traineeships programme. The event will bring together businesses from the sector, a representative of Apprenticeship Providers, the National Apprenticeship Service. An opportunity for you to find out more, ask questions and hear directly from the experts.
Young People, Adults and Businesses from the BAME background are highly under – represented within the Apprenticeship programme.
Research on Apprenticeship Ethnicity shows that only 8.7% of learners were from a Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background compared to other learning. This identifies the need to increase BAME participation and achievement in Apprenticeships to meet the protected characteristics of race, religion or belief in the Equality Act 2010.
There is evidence that youth population in Leeds and Bradford is forecast to rise sharply and therefore there will be an increase in the BAME population (LCR LEP Labour Market Analysis 2012/13)
By attending this event you will be able to find out more about the Apprenticeship programme, the benefits for you as a Business, but also for you to share with us your experiences/barriers faced when engaging with the Apprenticeship Programme.
4:30pm – Registration and Buffet
5:00pm – Welcome & Introductions
5:05pm – National Apprenticeship Service
5:20pm Bradford College inc. Apprentice
5:40pm – Possible Employer
5:50pm – Q&A
6:00pm – Tour of facilities and opportunity for networking and further questions.
• The Training for 16-18 year old apprenticeships is fully funded by the Government
• Apprenticeships are available at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher (degree) level, covering more than 170 industries and 1500 job roles
• Over 200,000 workplaces in England offer Apprenticeships
• Over 500,000 people started an Apprenticeship in 2012/13
What Businesses are saying:
• Apprenticeships help businesses grow their own talent
• Nearly every employer that takes on an apprentice (96%) reports benefits to their business
• 72% of businesses report improved productivity as a result of employing an apprentice
• Apprenticeships develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce
• If you are a business that employs up to 1000 employees, you may even get a £1500 grant to help cover the cost of starting a new apprentice aged 16-24 years old.
Places are limited so to find out more and to take part in this exciting opportunity, please R.SV.P your attendance using the following link: